Slotted Little Chippers are Big, Big Fun!
Why our pet safe wood is special:
- Most birds can not resist them.
- They chip into tiny little chips and do not form long strips of wood like our slats do.
- Many timid chewers or birds who will not chew 1/4" thick slats will chip these blocks.
- They make awesome toys or can be given alone as foot toys.
- These bright, hand colored wooden squares are perfect for bird toys.
- Will fit most small stringing materials including leather designed for pony beads.
- Each one is about 1 3/8"x 1 3/8" with a 1/4" hole.
- We select, cut,
sand, drill and color all of our wood, in house, and we pay close
attention to quality and safety throughout the process.
- Our high quality wood is safe for all birds and small animals.
wood is kiln-dried. This process removes moisture and drys out the sap.
This makes it safe for pets to chew and will not disturb their delicate
respiratory systems like some fresh woods can.
- The wood is
pine (spruce or fir), all considered "soft woods" which are perfect for
animals to chew to keep beaks and teeth in shape.
- We cut and
drill our wood and we lightly sand it to remove splinters and burrs so
you can take comfort in knowing there are no jagged edges.
colored wood is carefully colored with human grade food coloring that we
get from a bakery supply shop. It's is safe enough to eat (literally). ?
We take care to dry all the wood thoroughly so that there is no danger
of mold development.
Made in the USA.
edible food coloring. Hand colored, each piece varies slightly in
intensity and shading. I promise your pets won't mind. Colors will bleed
Made from kiln-dried pine, fir or spruce. Cut, sanded
and colored in our shop. Safe for birds, chinchillas, bunnies, rodents
and guinea pigs.