Pine Slats (2 1/2"x 1 1/2" x 1/4")
Chippers and Chewers and Toothpick Makers. Those are just a few words that describe what parrots and small animals are when is comes to destroying toys. Gnawing on and destroying wood is a natural behavior for parrots and we all know the little furry critters need to chew to keep those teeth in shape.
- These bright, hand colored wood slats are perfect for making toys for all types of pets
- Great for toss toys, floor toys, hanging toys and foot toys
- Approximate size 2 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 1/4" thick with a 1/4" hole
- Handmade in the USA
We know your pets are family and safety is our first concern.
Why our wood is special:
- We select, cut, sand, drill and color all of our wood, in house, and we pay close attention to quality and safety throughout the process.
- Our high quality wood is safe for all birds and small animals.
- All wood is kiln-dried. This process removes moisture and drys out the sap. This makes it safe for pets to chew and will not disturb their delicate respiratory systems like some fresh woods can.
- The wood is spruce, fir or pine, all considered "soft woods" which are perfect for animals to chew to keep beaks and teeth in shape.
- We cut and drill our wood and we lightly sand it to remove splinters and burrs (it's not quite furniture quality but you can take comfort in knowing there are no jagged edges).
- All of the wood is then colored with food coloring which is safe enough to eat (literally). We take care to dry all the wood thoroughly so that there is no danger of mold development.